Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fight, fight!

I forgot to mention! I got to watch just a bit of hockey this week. Actually, more than just a bit: international match! France vs. Italy, final score 3 to 1! The atmosphere was great, and they had little bits of entertainment between periods. Between the first two, a pipsqueak hockey match where there was quite a bit of falling down and tons of fan support when anybody scored. It was great seeing the hard-core hockey nuts give the little guys such enthusiastic cheers. Between the second and third, a few pre-teen age girls came out and did some figure skating. It was also very cute, and this got me in quite the wintry mood! I don't actively follow it, I'll admit, but I really love to watch ice hockey. (And no, there weren't actually any fights in this match. Pity- although there was a double power play against Italy, followed by an awesome score from France!)

Naughty boys in time out.

 2-1, second period. Go France!

 Ready, set, go! Also, after watching these referees I gotta say: they're good. Officiating and skating at crazy speeds in any direction. Mad props.

Does this ice rink look familiar? Perhaps, since it happens to appear in an earlier post of mine. =) Despite the chilliness of the weather recently, definitely a fun outing. Until next time, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment