Monday, May 30, 2011

J-12

jour moins 12 - day minus twelve - Yes, I`ve finally reached the two week mark. I`ll have to think about that later - too much to do, people to see for my last few times, my favorite places in Montpellier, etc...all I can say is that while I`m looking forward to seeing friends and family back home, I want more time.

So how am I spending my last weeks in France?

Life is hard.

Last weekend, the weekend before my exams, I decided to throw a little caution to the wind and go on a canoe trip! We spent two days canoeing and a night of camping in the Gorges de l'Hérault, a stunning stretch of the river Hérault with cliffs, rapids, and beautiful scenery! Sure, I had to make up for it with a couple long, long nights of studying for my exams the next week, but I have to say: totally worth it!

Ready for liftoff!

It was very well spent, and I came back with aching arms (but feeling pretty buff all the same!). The time was passed between trying to help my newbie canoers navigate, especially the rapids, which were actually quite difficult for beginners, taking stops along the way to swim and sun, and getting into races/water wars. It was awesome, despite this one...uh...capsizing incident.


Yeah, life is really hard!

On the left - our noble steed.

But about those exams...victory! I studied really hard - hours, upon more hours - and it paid off! I went into those exams Wednesday and Thursday and showed them who's boss. They definitely weren't easy, but the studying paid off and I feel like I did really well.

In any case, now I'm free!! I've been out, to the beach, eating kebab and treating myself to pastries and such...watched the Barcelona final and was overjoyed to see them win!!

And now, it's time to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather! In between my training for Regionals, anyway. I'm getting quite tan here with all the time I'm spending outside! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment