Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hiking in the Pyrenees - quicktime recap!

What have I been up to lately? Well...lots of stuff, including biking, revisiting a medieval fortress, leaving the country, and Bastille Day! Sadly, I'm going to have to make some strategic cuts to actually somewhat catch up on this blog. So you unfortunately won't be regaled extensively on my hiking adventures in the Pyrenees, but here are some photos to show you how awesome it was:

The hike started out like this. (Distinctly NOT awesome.)

So...much...mist. Felt like we were in a scary movie.

Going up!

Nearing the lake - still disappointingly grim.

At the travelers' rest stop near the lake (our destination). Is that a touch of blue I see?

Whaaaat? This wasn't even here five minutes ago! (Seriously - the clouds were so thick at our elevation that this was all invisible.

Awwww yeah. Postcard-perfect.

The hike back down. What a difference!

Snow-capped peaks in June.

Snow-capped peaks plus cows (Happy cows aren't from California - these are happy cows!)

Nope. No words here. Sorry!

I look icky here. But hey, I was hiking.

Our point of departure - now a lot sunnier than it once was. Bye bye, Pyrenees!

Well, that's it - your whirlwind tour of my day hike in the mountains (don't worry, I wasn't alone!). Hope you enjoyed! More stories to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment