Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Here comes the holiday season.

Well, I've started to catch that familiar sensation...you know the one. There's the faint whiff of "holiday" in the air, or maybe it's just one of my moods. Even if it's only Thanksgiving and not even celebrated here, I'm still catching it. Montpellier has lit up its Christmas lights all over downtown, there's a giant tree at the Place de la Comédie, and it's definitely struck me that the saison de Noël is on its way. Family and friends are back home, and I am here. I waver in how I feel about that, but I came in with the anticipation that it'd be this way once the end of November rolled around. Even if it won't have the same kind of comforting happiness that holidays at home do, hopefully this "something different" will be just as good.

More another time, as I have quite a bit of laundry to do, but I have just one request. I have no idea if anybody besides my parents, brother, and maybe one or two others actually read this, so if you do, I'd love to hear from you. Especially if we haven't talked in a while, or maybe even ever? Who knows? Maybe I'll get no response, which is ok, I guess, because I would probably continue this even if just my mom and dad were following along. It's a good memory keeper. But still, if you'd care to, and you're by no means obligated, I've got an e-mail contact listed if you click on my profile. Or facebook works too. Until next time, Happy Almost Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Well i don't know you at all, i found your blog by chance and i read every single article. I'm a french student, studying in Montpellier i love to see an American Point of view about Montpellier, town where i was born =). So go on !

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading, I promise! It's been crazy busy here, but all my finals are finally done, and I am playing catch up when it comes to all my friends, here and abroad. But now I am here, and will be checking in all the time! I am missing you, and hoping I'll catch you on facebook again sometime soon!

    PS-- I looked for you on skype, but I couldn't find you! I'll facebook you though to get your skype name, etc.

    <3 Dominique

    ReplyDelete