Monday, November 15, 2010

Keep on trucking.

Hey, everybody. I'm back from what was an excellent weekend in Germany. I visited a friend from Alabama in Mannheim, and together we went to Heidelberg, saw palaces, and went on a great brewery tour. No pictures, however...I've hit upon what will probably be my toughest time here. I've been trying to keep this blog upbeat and happy, but now there's just not much happy that I can write about. But this helps me keep it in perspective:


I'm not complaining about a house or a car, for sure, so it's not quite the same...but either way, when things get bad- or even really bad- for me, there's probably somebody out there without a house, or a job, or the same opportunities, that would still give anything to have what I do. And with Thanksgiving coming up, the first and hopefully only spent without family, I realize that in spite of my shortcomings, failures, and misfortunes, I've still got so much to be thankful for.
Now, time to just keep on trucking. One hour at a time, one day at a time. Until next time, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment