Sunday, September 12, 2010

Photos, hurray!

I've had quite the weekend! Here are some highlights, in pictures:

The one, the only...just outside the most fabulous outdoor mall, the Odysseum.


Here is a piece of it. Open to that gorgeous Montpellier sunshine.




Friday night, downtown: the last festival of the summer

Here is the "Estivales de Montpellier," this big gathering that has apparently been going on every Friday for most of the summer. Tons of vendors come out to sell their things, there's live music, wine tasting (I even have a souvenir glass!), and tons of great food. I'm definitely not in Alabama: there was a vendor selling nothing but dried fruit, and another for assorted cheeses...culture shock, mais non?

Myself and Julianne, doing the touristy hat thing. I liked this hat so much I bought it.


Place de la comedie, by night. Absolutely extraordinary.


Aaaand, on Saturday... à la plage! I've been swimming in the Mediterranean! I swear, I feel like I'm living in the land of eternal sunshine and happiness here. Winter will come, for sure, but for now I'm soaking up the warmth (much milder than 100 degree Alabama, sho 'nuf.)

There were lots of these lakes on the way to the beach from the bus stop.


I think I've discovered the meaning of life.



Yep, c'est un paradis.
People here are not shy about their bodies. At all. Men wear tinier swimming suits, and women may only wear half (oh, my!). It's all very relaxed and casual, though. Something I appreciate so much about the French lifestyle is that they value their leisure time and spend it well. The clock definitely does not have the same importance here as it does back home. This is taking some adjusting, but I'll get there.

One last photo, until the next post with some more details of my very busy weekend!



A cat sunbathing. Sums up life here pretty well.
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I love the photos! Very artistic! You should think about getting a Flickr account for all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ I don't think I do anything but find stuff that already looks pretty and click! I'm so glad you're enjoying the photos, and I miss yooooooou beaucoup!

    ReplyDelete